Prev Chapter 10: Running FEBio from FEBioStudio Up Chapter 10: Running FEBio from FEBioStudio Subsection 10.1.1: Advanced Settings Next
10.1 Running FEBio
FEBio can be called from within FEBioStudio by selecting the Tools Run FEBio menu, or from the main toolbar by clicking the corresponding tool button . The Run FEBio dialog box shows up (Figure 10.1↓) where users can set the following fields.
- Job name: The name of the job. This is used to generate the febio input and output file names. The job name will also appear in the model tree.
- Launch Configuration: The launch configuration defines the path to the FEBio3 executable and some other data that is needed to locate and run FEBio on your local or a remote system.
- Working directory: Specify the location where FEBioStudio will store the FEBio input and output files.
- FEBio file format: Enter the format for the FEBio input file.
- Save document before running FEBio: Check this to save the model file automatically before running FEBio.
By pressing OK, FEBioStudio will first export the current model to the file and location as specified, then call FEBio. The FEBio output will be shown in the log panel. If this panel is not visible, you can activate it from the View Log menu.