Prev Section 13.2: The Material Tab Up Chapter 13: The Post Panel Subsection 13.3.1: Adding data from a text file Next
13.3 The Data Tab
The Data Manager lists all the available data fields that are defined in the model in a table with four columns.
The Data Field column gives the name of the data field. When selected, the name can be edited in the field below the data list.
The Type of the field identifies the type of the data. The following types are currently defined:
- float: single precision floating point
- vec3f: a 3D vector with three float components
- mat3fs: a 3D symmetric matrix with six float components
The Class column identifies the region type for which the data field is defined:
- NODE: data is defined at the nodes of the model
- FACE: data is defined for each facet of the model
- ELEM: data is defined for each element in the model
The Format column displays the storage format for the data field. The following values are supported:
- ITEM: One value is stored for each item of the data field's region.
- NODE: One value is stored for each node of the data field's region.
- MIXED: One value is stored for each node of each item of the data field's region.
- REGION: Only one value is stored for the entire region.
In addition, new data fields can be added by clicking the Add button. A menu shows up from which the user can select from several options:
- Standard: select from a list of pre-defined data fields. See Appendix A for an overview of currently supported data fields.
- From file: load a data field from a data file.
- Equation: Enter a mathematical expression that will be evaluated over the mesh.
Table of contents
- Subsection 13.3.1 Adding data from a text file
- Subsection 13.3.2 Adding data via an equation
- Subsection 13.3.3 Filtering data