14.1 Properties of the Model
When selecting the root item in the View tab of the Post panel, the user can edit the properties of the model. The following properties are defined.
- Element subdivisions: defines the number of subdivision levels. FEBio Studio subdivides the elements in the model to improve the quality of the renderings. However, increasing the number of subdivisions will also increase the time it takes to render the model so use this property judiciously.
- Render mode: Sets the render mode to solid or wireframe.
- Render undeformed outline: when selected yes, FEBio Studio will draw an outline of the model in its undeformed state.
- Outline color: set the color for the model outlines
- Node color: set the color of the nodes
- Selection color: set the color of selected items
- Render smooth - when selected yes, FEBio Studio will render the model smoothly. This means that it will vary the surface normal of the model to create a smooth surface. When selected no, flat shading is used to render the model. Note that smooth shading can be significantly slower than flat shading due to the additional calculations that FEBio Studio needs to do.
- Shells as hexes - renders all shells as hexahedral elements using the shell thickness (if available) to extrude the shell surface in the normal direction.
- Shell reference surface - defines how FEBio Studio needs to interpret the shell surface in relation to the shell volume.
- Smoothing angle - identifies the hard edges in the model. Edges with adjoining faces that have a surface normal, whose angle is more than the smoothing angle, are considered hard.