14.6 Vector Plot
A vector plot of the model can be added by selecting the Post/Vector plot menu. This will add a vector plot item to the Model Viewer. The user can select the item in the Model Viewer to edit the properties of the vector plot. The following properties are defined.
- Data field - selects the vector field that will be rendered.
- Allow clipping: If yes, the vector field will be clipped by any active plane cuts.
- Density - sets the density of the vector field. A density of one will draw a vector at each node of the model. Lower values will draw a vector only at randomly selected nodes. The lower the value, the less vectors are drawn.
- Glyph - a small graphic that will be drawn at each node to represent the vector. This option allows the user to select the glyph.
- Glyph color - allows the user to set how the color of each glyph is determined. Currently, the options are:
- Solid - draws each glyph in the same color (also see Solid color).
- Length - draws the glyph with a color that relates to its length (also see Gradient).
- Orientation - draws the glyph using RGB color coding to indicate the orientation of the vector.
- Solid color - is the color that is used when Solid is selected as the glyph color.
- Normalize - when selected yes, all vectors will be normalized. This implies that all vectors will be drawn with the same length. Otherwise the size of the glyph will be representative to the size of the corresponding vector.
- Auto-scale: scale the vectors automatically.
- Scale: scales the size of the glyphs.
The enable button on the Model Viewer panel can be used to toggle the vector plot on and off. The delete button can be used to remove the vector plot from the model.