14.8 Slice plot
A slice plot draws the intersection of the model with a series of planes. The planes can be oriented by the user. To add a slice plot, select the Post/Slice plot from the menu. A new item will show up in the Model Viewer which the user can select to edit the slice plot's properties.
- Data field - selects the data field that will be used to color the planes.
- Gradient - sets the gradient that will be used to color the planes.
- X-normal - sets the component of the plane normal.
- Y-normal - sets the component of the plane normal
- -normal - sets the component of the plane normal
- Show legend - shows or hides the legend bar for this plot.
- Slices - selects the number of slicing planes.
The slice plot can be enabled or disabled by pressing the enable button in the Model Viewer. The plot can be deleted by selecting the delete button. Since the slice plot is drawn inside the model, it is advisable to hide the model. You can hide the model by hiding each individual material, or by clicking the enable button when the model is selected in the Model Viewer.