14.9 Tensor plot
The tensor plot renders a glyph based on a second order tensor data field. Users can plot eigenvectors (for symmetric tensor fields), or the columns or rows of the matrix.
- Data field: selects the data field that will be used for the tensor plot.
- Calculate: sets the option to generate vector data that is used to generate the glyphs.
- Color map: sets the color map used for coloring the glyphs.
- Allow clipping: Allows the plot to be clipped by cutting planes or not.
- Show hidden: Show the plot on hidden materials or not.
- Scale: sets the scale factor of the glyphs.
- Density: sets the glyph density. When this value is less than one, glyphs are drawn on random elements, selected based on this density value.
- Glyph: sets the glyph that is used for rendering.
- Glyph Color: sets the option of how the glyphs are colored.
- Solid Color: sets the color that is used when the glyph color setting is set to Solid.
- Auto-scale: scales the glyphs automatically based on the overall mesh size.
- Normalize: Normalize the vectors when drawing.