Prev Subsection 13.3.2: Adding data via an equation Up Section 13.3: The Data Tab Section 13.4: The State Tab Next
13.3.3 Filtering data
New data fields can be defined by filtering existing data fields. Note that this currently can only be done with the data fields that were loaded from file (not with the standard data fields that FEBio Studio defines).
To create a filtered data field, select a data field in the Data panel and then click the “Filter… ” button. A dialog box appears where the following information has to be entered.
- Name: The name of the new data field.
- Filter: The type of filter to apply to the original data field. (See below)
For each filter additional data needs to be entered. The following filters, and required data, are supported.
- Scale: The data will be scaled by multiplication by a scalar.
- scale: the scale factor
- Smooth: The data will be smoothed via a Laplace operator.
- theta: weight of the smoothing operator.
- iterations: number of times to apply the operator.
- Arithmetic: Apply a simple arithmetic operation.
- operation: select the operation to perform
- operand: The data set that will be used as the right operand (the filtered data field is the left operand).
- Gradient: Evaluate the gradient vector of a scalar data field.