Prev Subsection 15.2.1: Image Slicer Up Section 15.2: Visualizing 3D Image Data Subsection 15.2.3: Image Isosurface Next
15.2.2 Volume Renderer
The Volume Renderer shows a volume rendering of the image stack in the Graphics View. The following options can be set.
- alpha scale - Sets the overall alpha scale, which scales the transparency of the image.
- min intensity - Minimum cutoff image intensity. Voxels with an intensity below this value will be rendered with a transparency set to the value of the min alpha parameter.
- max intensity - Maximum cutoff image intensity. Voxels with an intensity above this value will be rendered with a transparency set to the value of the max alpha parameter.
- min alpha - the alpha (transparency) value used by voxels with an intensity below the min intensity parameter.
- max alpha - the alpha (transparency) value used by voxels with an intensity above the max intensity parameter.
- Amin, Amax - The alpha (transparency) range for voxels with an intensity between min intensity and max intensity.
- Color map - Color map for mapping the grayscale voxels to a color value.
- Lighting effect - If Yes, the voxel color is attenuated based on local normal estimation, which simulates a lighting effect.
- Lighting strenght - The strenght of the ligthing effect, as a value between 0 and 1.
- Ambient color - The ambient color added for the lighting effect.
- Specular color - The specular color added for the lighting effect.
- Light direction - The direction of the light used in the lighting effect.